New to pools, and already having a problem

May 19, 2018
Vail, AZ
I am just finishing the building and installation of my first pool - a 15x30 above ground and I am having problems with the vendor. I don't want to name the vendor yet, but I have already posted some very critical reviews of this vendor on other places, including their local Better Business Bureau.

The problem is this - part of the pool kit I purchased was a pool floor cleaner. For two months now they have given me excuse after excuse as to why they have not yet shipped it. This is the second item they "forgot" to ship, the first being the ground cover which held up the project for over a week. The pool kit was paid for in full before they shipped anything, so payment is not the issue. At one time, before they "shipped" it I asked if I could upgrade the floor cleaner to a better model and was told I could not.

When the "shipped" item never arrived after another 2-3 weeks I called again to be told it was never shipped. I was promised it would be shipped.

2 weeks later and it didn't arrive. I started losing faith in this company and started posting less than favorable reviews (all totally true, including names and dates) on the web, along with a complaint to their local Better Business Bureau. THAT prompted a call from them to me. I was told that (a) I could upgrade the floor cleaner for an additional cost and (b) they would not ship ANYTHING to me unless I first took down the BBB complaint and my complaint on a different web site. I was told that the BBB requires that the offending post be taken down before they can ship me anything. I also own a business and my business is a BBB Accredited business and I know personally that what I was told was simply not true. Nevertheless, I contacted their BBB and verified what I already knew, that the BBB has no such policy.

What would you do? I firmly believe that they will not ship anything to me at this point, even though I have already paid for it. In fact, I have already purchased a different floor cleaner from a different vendor.

Welcome to the forum. First and foremost this is NOT a forum to be listing names of problem vendors with. Expect generalized answers based on anybody's same experience here with any other UNNAMED vendor/supplier. That being said....your problem company you're dealing with is obviously able to read and has at least somewhat budged based on your actions. I'd contact that local BBB and ask if they'd send said vendor a letter expressing they have no such policy and ask them to copy you on it. Your next step I believe would be more stuff in writing from your attorney. Good luck.

I assume you paid with a CC. Call your credit card company and start a dispute. Ask them to ask the vendor for proof of shipping. I have resolved similar situations twice before this way. Once they shipped it and once they issued a refund.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.