Dropping TA

wogster

In The Industry
Apr 30, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Okay, so part of my work is checking a 1200L spa, so I check TA, pH and Br and read a number of the auto-feeder that gives ORP.... So, every day we throw in enough Buffer to kick the TA from 50 to ~100. The next day TA is back around 50. I'm suspecting that the high TA causes the pH to go up and the auto feeder is feeding Muriatic Acid to lower the pH and that is causing the TA to drop.... Am I on the right track here.... It's not in my signature as it's not my pool, I am just part of the team that looks after it...

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Aeration in a spa will drive pH up. Higher TA (like the 100ppm) will also drive pH up. So, if the feeder is continually adding acid to lower the pH, then yes that will also drive the TA down.

What pH are you targeting? The lower the pH you target the faster the aeration and TA will drive it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.