My pool is open! ETA: HELP! what is on my walls?? Test results added

Very good pump is working...now take a deep breath, relax and slow down! Think about what you have done so far and what did it accomplish? Read more info to have some understanding of what folks are telling you...

Why? Am I doing something wrong? I’m asking for advice. If you think I’m doing something I shouldn’t be please tell me. I think everything I’ve done so far has accomplished something positive.

You are doing fine! Let’s get an updated set of test results, now that you have water circulating.

Ok, updated test results:
FC - 12 -what?? I added a jug. Pool math told me to add MORE than I added to get to 10.
CC - 0.5 is this ok? I was consistently at 0 last year
pH - 8.2+ I added about 1/3 of a gallon which is approx what Pool Math told me to add and it did nothing.
TA - 130 - it's going up?
CYA - around 25 maybe? somewhere between 20-30, but my sock is still in the water dissolving.

So what's my pH problem. Do I just add more acid?

If you can hone in on your pool volume a bit more, that will help your Pool Math calculations. If you added enough bleach to get to 10 and ended up at 12, that could mean your volume is less than you have entered. What do you have in Pool Math? 12k, 15k, or somewhere between? Do you have your bleach strength entered correctly?

CC of .5 or less isn’t a concern.

Yep, keep with the acid additions to lower PH and TA. Do you have the MA strength entered correctly? How old is your product?

If you can hone in on your pool volume a bit more, that will help your Pool Math calculations. If you added enough bleach to get to 10 and ended up at 12, that could mean your volume is less than you have entered. What do you have in Pool Math? 12k, 15k, or somewhere between? Do you have your bleach strength entered correctly?

Yep, keep with the acid additions to lower PH and TA. Do you have the MA strength entered correctly? How old is your product?

I entered 12,000. I really don’t think it’s smaller than that. Bleach strength I’ll have to check if it was entered correctly.

Acid was brand new this week and exactly the strength pool math requests.

Ok, let’s not worry too much about the FC going a couple of points higher than expected. Next time you can add a little less than Pool Math says, and see how that works for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok I just checked and it was se t for 6% bleach and I had 8%, so it changed to 119 oz and I added 128 oz. so that makes more sense, then right? And means my pool is maybe 12,000?

should I add more acid than pool math says? I did what they told me initally and nothing changed. It was like 38% or something. I may not have entered my TA, but that would have only increased it a bit, I entered it this time and it said 48 oz.

Your pH could have been much higher. Acid is not something you really want to overshoot on. So set the now to 8.2 and the target to 7.5 or so and see the amount recommended.

You should have your TA set in PoolMath also. AND check the strength of your muriatic acid as it can vary too.

Your pH could have been much higher. Acid is not something you really want to overshoot on. So set the now to 8.2 and the target to 7.5 or so and see the amount recommended.

You should have your TA set in PoolMath also. AND check the strength of your muriatic acid as it can vary too.

My acid was exactly what Pool Math was set for. thanks, I added approx what it recommended so I will see what happens.

I just tested TA and got 100. Could it have lowered that much from 130 with about 1/3 of a gallon of acid and my polaris is likely doing some aerating....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.