What were you doing before TFP?

Same as Woody. When I purchased a house with a pool I began a web search. Here I am.....

Somewhere I missed the Pool School article on poolside libations because I don't have a Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub..... But, I do have radio Margaritaville on my XM radio!

But, all jest aside we pick up several thousand new members here each year. I have never kept track, but I feel the vast majority were Saturday morning pool store owners. They would take a sample to the pool store every Saturday morning and buy what was suggested, go home dump it in the pool and hope it worked. many times it does for a while. When it doesn't, Google sends them here. Google almost anything pool related and they will suggest Amazon first (they have deep pockets) and TFP within the next few results. Why, thousands of folks who clean up their pool with our help.

Somewhere I missed the Pool School article on poolside libations because I don't have a Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub..... But, I do have radio Margaritaville on my XM radio!
Jimmy still has hope!

pool guy (2 months) wasted about $200, then Leslies (about 7 months) wasted well over $1000, then here. To note I joined here almost right after I bought my home/pool in September (even bought a Taylor kit) but I didn't listen until June (drained my 200+ CYA water and started testing). It's been coasting ever since...

Google was my friend. Started from day one.

^ What he said...

(We did have the rental house we lived in the first year here that we saw what they did. Dump in two gallons of liquid chlorine every other week. Bleached out suits. Saw cloudy water, a beautiful, albeit not welcomed, sudden green one day.)

I maintained myself and after 2 years of powders and pucks I had sky high CYA! I found TFP when a kid at the local pool store recommended baking soda to raise my TA. I didn't take his word for it and googled it and I've been here ever since!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool store testing and it ruined my last pool :( Husband wanted a new pool.........said okay IF you can find a way for me to keep it up without going to the pool store. He found TFP and I have been here every since!

Kim:kim:

Had a 12'x30" the first two years I never put clorine in, never! I was using arm and Hammer clear balence tabs(probably baking soda) and thought they were clorine, test strips never worked right buy hey it was clear.

First year I took it down, second I left it up and the start of the 3rd year it was a green mess. I used a ton of Cal hypo to clean it up and some pool tonic (phosfree and clarifier) then back to no maintenance till the end if the year it built up hard water spots and went green. Cleaned it and sold it for $60.

I was looking how to level my new to me 24' x 52" and came across posts here and how pucks were bad, had to find out why.

Pic of my green pool

Screenshot_20180514-211028.png

I was bleaching out my liner with shock and started googling to figure out why it was still green. Led me here!

First pool owned as an adult (hahaha) Playing yo-yo with water balances.
Honestly, 2 months in (a TINY pool), not having $$ to blow, drove me to google "affordable pool care", found TFP and will forever use it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.