Changing over

Evening FC 0. Put two gallons of bleach waited an hour checked FC 8.5, cc was 1.5. Added another gallon of bleach waited an hour checked FC 11.5ppm cc.5ppm. So I will check in morning and post. Thanks to all for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

Evening FC 0. Put two gallons of bleach waited an hour checked FC 8.5, cc was 1.5. Added another gallon of bleach waited an hour checked FC 11.5ppm cc.5ppm. So I will check in morning and post. Thanks to all for your help. ( I posted this last night)
This morning I tested and the FC 12 CC 1. So what do you all think?

Evening FC 0. Put two gallons of bleach waited an hour checked FC 8.5, cc was 1.5. Added another gallon of bleach waited an hour checked FC 11.5ppm cc.5ppm. So I will check in morning and post. Thanks to all for your help. ( I posted this last night)
This morning I tested and the FC 12 CC 1. So what do you all think?

Keep up until the CC is 0.5 or less, you're VERY close!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got ya.

So two things here,
First is you need to make sure you’re aiming for15ppm FC when you add. Adding less than this is somewhat making the process take longer. If you wish to add only at night now to save money I understand that, but aim for 15ppm. Second is your main focus now is the OCLT. Once you pass the OCLT you’re able to change your sand and finish off the conversion. You’re soooo close. Keep at it.

This mornin FC 11.5 (drop of .5 from last nights reading)
Help me double-check something for Lee who I'm sure will be back shortly ..... But last night you checked the FC and it was 12. When you said after that, "It looks like 1 gallon raises FC IN MY POOL 4ppms." were you referring to that in general, or did you add 1 more gallon after getting the result of 12 (in other words shooting for an FC of 16)? I ask because I know how important it was to maintain an FC of "15" overnight as your starting FC reading for the OCLT.

Thanks for typing out that question Pat!

If your OCLT showed you only lost .5ppm FC from last night until this morning then you're ready to change the sand and add some CYA.

No I stopped at 3 gallons. . So there wasn’t any more added after I checked and got the reading of 12ppm. Been vacuuming and brushing down the sides and floor of pool and vacuuming again. Tonight’s reading after adding 3 gallons chlorine (after waiting an hour) was FC 14.5 ppms and CC .5, PH 7.6 and TA 40. Now I will check again in the morning. I feel that it will be like it was this morning (not changing much at all). I will post results but will go ahead and change sand in filter tomorrow along with all hoses.

Happy to report that change over is now complete! Total success! Changed all hoses, sand in filter, washed and bleached ladder. Here are my numbers for this evening: FC-3.5, CC-0, CYA-30, TA-90, PH-7.8. ALL WITHIN SUGGESTED RANGES ON POOL SCHOOL! Thank you all for your help. The water is beautiful! I’m so happy with everything!

SWEET! Now you will have a Trouble Free Pool!!! :party:

Now I am going to share a couple of links with you to help you keep your pool look like a jewel!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals (don't go buy all of it. You will not need everything yet or at all for some of it.

Pool School - Recommended Levels (pretty sure you have this one but wanted to make sure)

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule ( as you learn your new pool you will be able to tweak these suggestions to fit you and your pool's needs)

Time to change your signature!!!

Did you know you can be a supporting member? You get swag and discounts, we get to feed the server and keep it updated=WIN-WIN! Here is the link if you are interested: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Kim:kim:

Congratulations......I'm just checking in after finishing opening our pool. We converted last year from Bauqcuil to Chlorine....it was a nightmare, BUT so thankful. After the cost of the conversion I spent little on pool supplies compared to the hundreds on the other. You will not regret the change over. And using the test kit is awesome....never have to go back to the pool store to get crazy results and recommendations to purchase more 'stuff'.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.