Intelliflo Pump not working 100% - probably user error

Pfisher

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2015
Germantown, TN
I just set all of the schedules for the new pool season on my Intelliflo pump. I have 3 scheduled speeds. It works great for about 1 day and then I notice that even though the pump is cycling through all of the speeds the outflow is not changed. I can tell because a few water features do not work well. After reading a little it seems that I might be losing suction but I really don't know. Any ideas or suggestions? Not sure where to go from here.

Thank you so much for your help!!
pam

Pfisher
41K pebbletec
Tritan 2 TR 60 Sand Filter -Intelliflo VS
Ozone/UV-Prozone / Taylor K2006 test kit

Liquid chlorine 10%. I backwashed the other day. Pressure is much higher than normal. Slam is taking longer than usual. When we backwash it will last 12-18 hours and then revert back. I never backwash this often. Thx

UPDATE - backwashed again. Pressure is now 8 (normal). This is what has been happening. Backwash and seems OK - 24hrs go by and happens again... I will update tomorrow. Thank yoj

Pam,

The algae in your pool is simply clogging your filter... You do not a have pump or filter problem, they seem to be doing what they get paid to do... :p

Are you following all the SLAM procedures? You can't just add chlorine once a day, you need to "maintain" your SLAM level continuously..

See this link... SLAM Process

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you. I am maintaining Slam - checking 3 times a day and adjusting. I was out of town so the pool got out of hand while I was gone. It’s been awhile so I forgot how difficult/long it takes to clear my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.