Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Glacier coolers and Pentair EasyTouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Glacier coolers and Pentair EasyTouch

Thinking about getting one of these Glacier coolers for my Houston pool. Iím just curious if it can be wired to the Pentair Easy Touch and if so can it be controlled by using the ScreenLogic App?
    13,500 gallons (pool/spa),Wet Edge Primera Stone plaster (Sapphire Treasure), Pentair IC40,VSF,Cart Filter,EZTouch 8 with SL,Mastertemp,Legend cleaner,whisoerflow,Booster pump,Glacier Chiller,built April 2018

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Glacier coolers and Pentair EasyTouch

B,

For sure you can wire it to a relay to control the on and off cycle... You could schedule it to run at whatever times you wanted.

You might be able to set it up as a "Heat pump" and have it cool based upon temperature, but I can not guarantee that would work, as I'm not up on the Glacier coolers..

The only thing you need to check is if there is enough AC service coming into the EasyTouch load center and you would have to have room for an additional 220 volt breaker.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4 (now 8), IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Glacier coolers and Pentair EasyTouch

B,

I was able to get mine to work by using the solar cooling feature of the Easy Touch 4 control panel. I used the solar valve output (Valve A) to control a 15 Amp relay (24 VAC coil) so that the cooler turns on when the valve opens. The valve diverts some water to the cooler and the rest back to the pool. When the max pool temp is below the actual water temp, it will enable solar cooling and run the glacier cooler until this requirement is satisfied. I have mine set at 84 degrees. I haven't seen my water temp get below that yet.

Regards,
    Phillip