Help Troubleshoot/Repair Hot Tub

Jun 6, 2016
Turlock, CA
Hey Friends!

You all helped me get my pool under control and out of the poor "pool boys" grasp, and I greatly thank you for that!

Now, I'm ready to tackle the above ground Spa we have. I tried starting it up last year, and everything worked, but no heat! So I assumed the heat pump (or whatever its called was bad). However, I'm not 100% sure. So thats where I need some help!

How can I troubleshoot to confirm its the heat pump that is bad, and not something else?

Also, its a Tiger River Spa "Sumatran". Let me know if there is anything else i can provide that would help!

Here is a link to the Album with the pictures of the various things (circuit board, wiring diagram, heat pump, etc). I found it easier to share this way rather than trying to attach them all.

Tiger River Sumatran Spa - Google Photos

Thank you!
Albert

Albert,

Step one is to use a volt meter and measure the input voltage to the heater.. (It is just a heater element like in an electric water heater, it is not a heat pump...)

So turn the spa on and increase the temperature wanted to say 100 degrees. Measure across the heater's AC input.. most likely should be 220 volts.. If you have 220 volts and the water is not getting hotter, then the heater is bad... If you do not get 220 volts come back and we can work on it some more...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.