Just Opened and Never looked better!!

Mbishop871

Silver Supporter
Apr 24, 2017
Landrum, SC
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the TFP community for all of the help and support this blog and site has been. I am like many others who have been frustrated by the "Pool Store" and the constant needing of extra chemicals to add with very little if any results. I inherited the pool I have when I purchased the house a few years ago and I always dread opening up the pool as i was faced with "the green swamp" and had to spend days and hours trying to clear it up. After finding this site last summer I am excited to say that when i took the cover off this year i was pleasantly surprised (picture below) and had to give a shout out to TFP for all I have learned. I am actually looking forward to this summer and enjoying the pool instead of killing myself fighting it. Thanks again and I am telling all of my pool owner friends to ditch the pool store and join TFP!!

ugh07VYrRdaeAKlVPrXhvg.jpg

Awesome! And thank YOU for being a supporter which is what keeps the site open in the first place. :) Have a great season. :swim:

dbtgallery.php

Wow, Mark! That is a pretty picture!! I’ve only had that experience once in the past 4 years- would you lmk what you did @ closing & also what part of the country you’re in/temps? Thanks!

Following TFP methods for water chemistry and using our closing guide will get you water like this all the time. Also closing the pool later and opening early makes sure you stay ahead of any possible algae problems. For us in CT that means closing the pool late September into early October if you aren't heating the pool and opening in the beginning of May.

I pulled my cover off the pool on Tuesday and it looks exactly the same as last year when I opened. Crystal clear water with a couple leaves on the bottom that managed to get under the cover. Solar panels have my water into the mid 60's already.

Attachments

• IMG_20170426_155842.jpg
    IMG_20170426_155842.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 97
I live in SC and followed the TFP closing guide. I waited until the water temp was below 60 degrees and opened it up before it got above 60. We had a pretty cold winter this year (for SC that is) but no danger of anything freezing. Last summer was my first year using the TFP method and I will never go back to the store.

At closing I was just made sure my levels were good and actually when I opened up I was surprised that most of my levels were still pretty good. I had to purchase a new cover and i bought a solid safety cover from Pool Supply World which kept out a lot of the uv rays as well.

I may have just been lucky but I feel like following the method is what gave me this success. I have found when I follow the method I get the results I desire. Can't even begin to describe how excited I was when I took off the cover and saw how good the water looked.

- - - Updated - - -

Solid Safety cover. Purchased online from Pool Supply World.

Your pool is gorgeous!

We had a similar experience opening our (tiny AGP) pool this year to! Clear water, with just a bit of stray dust (prob from pulling the cover off) =)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.