Indoor Pool

Good morning folks,

My wife is draggings us out to look at a home with an indoor pool. She is in love but I have my concerns.

I know the cost to run is going to be ugly as we live in Ontario, Canada. We are pool people but I worry about moisture and air quality issues.

Any advice on items to check when walking through this home tonight?

Do you own an indoor pool in a cold climate and what is your opinion?

Appreciate the help as always.

Welcome to TFP!

We have a few folks here with indoor pools. A properly designed space will have equipment to handle the humidity and indoor air quality. The space will also benefit from a solar bubble cover bother to help keep the heat in the pool and to reduce evaporation and humidity in the room.

I had experienced similar trepidation when I came across the listing for the house that's now my home. Utility costs? Humidity, upkeep...?

I was so cynical that my first instruction to the pool inspector was, "please confirm that it's a viable pool. If it's not, I might fill it in and turn the space into a home theater".

Two years later, if someone were to suggest filling in my pool, I'd push them into it! :D

I love it. My TFP friends have helped ensure that's it's not only easy to live with, but a very important feature of my home.

I'm eager to hear how the viewing went.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.