Installing New Pureline Prime VSP need Plumbing Input

Aleila

Mar 19, 2018
South Florida
I am installing a new Pureline Prime VSP. I am buying bushing part to connect the 1.5” pipe at the front of the pump. What would you recommend for the optimal plumbing setup?

Attachments

• 6E0005C8-C118-44B1-802D-B1337297143D.jpg
    6E0005C8-C118-44B1-802D-B1337297143D.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 32
A,

I believe that your new pump comes with unions that you just screw on... I would take one of the unions to your local big box store and have the plumbing guy show you what adapters you need.

Keep in mind you will need one for the input as well as the output.. Assuming the input and output pipe size is the same.. it is hard to tell in the picture.

Unless you are incredibly lucky the inputs and outputs of your old pump and new pump are not going to line up, so you will have to modify the plumbing so that your new pump fits.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

You are correct - this pump comes with 2 unions. Great idea to take them to the big box store. The input in front of the pump and the output to the filter are both 1.5”.

Would it be wise to enlarge both of those to 2”? The pipes undeground are all 2”.

Thanks for your reply.

If it is easy to do, I would make it all 2".... but it will not really make that much of a difference, so I would not do it if it was going to be a lot of trouble.

It is not unusual for all the original plumbing to be 1.5" and then someone comes in and makes the pad all 2".. I have never heard of a case where the underground plumbing is 2" and the pad is 1.5".. Just does not make a lot of sense...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

I am hearing that it doesn’t make sense for the underground to be 2” and the plumbing at the pad to be 1.5”.

I received the Pureline Prime VSP pump and the intake port is two inches lower than the current setup. I have to find a riser that can withstand extreme heat and humidity and be drillable — not keen on wood, even pressure treated.

Since I bought the pump on my own and the local people are frowning on VSP — I am going to do the install myself. I need some expertise and advise with plumbing so I will create a new post with a photo capturing the plumbing set up with a better angle.

Thanks Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.