Intex 22’ x 52” Questions

Apr 6, 2018
Brookland/AR
Just bought a new Intex 22’ x 52” Ultra Frame AGP. It came with a 2500 GPH cartridge filter. The pool holds about 10,500 at 90%. I have never had a pool, so I am new to everything. I have searched the forums and haven’t found direct answers to a few questions I have so I figured I’d ask them here.
1. Is the cartridge filter it came with good enough or should I get a sand filter?
2. What size sand filter would work best with this size pool?
3. Is there a certain size SWG that I need for this size pool? If so, is there directions for how much salt is needed for this size pool?
4. Sand under pool or Gorilla pad?

Here is a link to our pool math app. It will tell you what to add and how much. SO easy. I would get the full version so you can track your levels. Pool Math

Filter-I would get a sand filter for your pool. Those tiny cartridge filters just don't get the job done and need to be replaced often. Size? Here is a link to help you pick your size: How To Size a Pool Filter - INYOPools.com

Sand and pad! Sand to help smooth it out. The pad to help stop weeds and such.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.