Create New Forum for "Media" only - Pics/Vids of Pool Process

hollywoodfrodo

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
Lakewood, CA
So, of course we have the awesome "Under Construction" forum where lots of people post throughout their build process. BUT in those threads, they are also posting questions and issues and people are posting back with comments, answers, suggestions, etc. So, for example, if I want to just see the process of someone's build, I might have to go through 20+ pages of threads to see 10 posts of actual pics/updates.

My suggestion is that it'd be cool to have just one forum dedicated to Pics/Vids only. So maybe after a build is finished or a remodel is done or an upgrade is complete (or during if they wanted) , someone can post a thread of just the pics/vids and maybe a few words of description if they feel so led. Anyway, I think it'd be great to know you could go to this forum and see threads that serve as a simple "gallery" of people's builds without having to sift through tons and tons of expose. Not to say that stuff doesn't have it's place, of course, because I've learned a lot by actually reading through several of the build posts and reading all the comments, but after you'd done that with several builds, you start to read the same stuff over and over again and sometimes you really just want to see the pictures of the process from beginning to end.

Just thought it'd be a cool addition - just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
Eric, I see where you are coming from..........all of the drools with few of the words. I will tell you that we tend to delete sections instead of adding them. I will float this idea to the powers that be but don't hold out much hope.

Eric, I see where you are coming from..........all of the drools with few of the words. I will tell you that we tend to delete sections instead of adding them. I will float this idea to the powers that be but don't hold out much hope.

haha - no worries. I'm sure they have to be picky, else there'd be hundreds of sections. But a true "gallery" would be nice. Thanks for at least asking! :salut:

hollywoodfrodo - thank you for the cool idea thread and a special thank you for being a Silver TFP Supporter! I know exactly what you mean - sometimes I just want to push a button that says "hide everything but links/picture/videos and load/show entire thread on one page." It seems like just when I've followed an especially fun pool build from start to finish, another captivating one starts and I'm hooked! I especially love when people share their timelapsed videos!

I do all of my reading/searching/researching on this site on my phone. I have found that if I’m viewing a build thread, if I click on the first pic, I can just swipe left and it will show me all the pics in the entire thread. Not sure if most folks use their phones or computers for viewing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.