Pentair Intelliflo VF Not Working in Filter Mode

gregdewaldjr

Gold Supporter
May 3, 2017
Edwardsville, IL
We purchased a Pentair Intelliflo VF variable flow pump a couple of months ago. We just installed it today in conjunction with our pool opening. Every setting seems to work with the exception of filter mode. We have it set for 1 turnover per day/1 cycle per day. When I enable the filter mode and press “Start/Stop”, it says “RUNNING Schedule” but the pump does not turn on. We have set in manual for the time being. Anyone have any ideas?

Greg,

Most people here have the VS IntelliFlo so questions about the VF version are a little harder for us to answer... :(

I see you have the EasyTouch, but it sounds as if you are trying to run the pump from the pump's control panel.. :confused:

Is your pump connected to the ET? If so, does the pump's control panel say "Display not Active"?

Have you tried to use the ET to control your pump?

Do you have ScreenLogic2?

The more you tell us the more likely that one of our members may know the answer...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the response. We do not have it connected to the Easy Touch. We only have one connection for a data cable on our panel so we have the Intellichlor connected to that. We plan on running the pump 24/7 so we had planned on just using the control panel on the pump. We do not have Screen Logic 2.

Greg,

You do know that you can connect several data cables to the same com port, right??? It is made to do that...

Too bad you don't have ScreenLogic because it makes setting up the pumps so much easier. Also makes using and programming the Easytouch about 10 x easier...

Anyway, not having the VF pump, this is what I think... When the pump says "Running Schedule", but nothing is happening, it is because the pump is waiting for the schedule to start.. So, if you told the pump to run one turn over at 50 GPM, and it can do that in 2 hours, it will run for 2 hours and then not come back on for 22 hours.. I know that is not exactly what is happening, but I suspect it is related to not having a specific start time or something similar... like time of day is off or some other item is not set up.

Sorry my answer does not point to the exact cause, but maybe it will get you thinking...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the response Jim. After taking another look at the Easy Touch Panel, I was able to install the data cable to it. After installing the data cable I am still running into the same issue. After inputting pool size and turns under the filter option I set my schedule on the Easy Touch Panel. When the schedule initiates, the filter circuit turns on, the pump control panel displays “Dispaly Not Active” and the “Filter” light is illuminated but the pump will not turn on. I’m at loss on this one and tech support at Pentair stated they were’nt very knowledable about this particular pump.

Below is a link to the pump that was purchased
http://www.inyopools.com/Products/03533656031548.htm

The fact that the pump say display not active means that the EasyTouch and the pump are communicating with each other. The fact that the Pump/Filter light is on means that the EasyTouch "thinks" it is telling the pump to run. The fact that the pump does not run means that we must not be sending the pump the correct commands..

Did you set the type of pump to VF??

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, and then Pump #1, VF... Then you have to select Filt Circuit as Pool, then VF Flows as GPM 5 to 130... I'm guessing on the last part as I have not used the VF model... I have the same lack of knowledge that the Pentair guy has.. :(

If this were my system, I would drag out the EasyTouch manual and see if I could follow the install VF pump settings.. Although without having the pump in front of me does not make a lot of sense..

Sorry, I'm not much help on this one..

I've got one guy I'll try and see if he has any input...

Thanks,

Jim R.

My setting are as follows

Pump type is set to “VF”
F Circuit set to “Pool”
GPM set “20”

I’ve been through the both manuals, the Easy Touch & Intelliflo several times. The programming seems fairly simple and easy to navigate. I beleive I may have received a bad pump.

Greg,

Well, if the pump is bad and the seller will take it back, then I recommend that you get the VS model instead.. If that happens, make sure that you do not get the "SVRS" option...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.