New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

I think it looks really nice! I'm at almost the same stage and I am SO sick of looking at mud and piles of dirt. What is it that you don't like? I really like a natural look and I think they nailed it on yours!

Thanks Captain...I really needed to hear that!!

I think it will look much better with a finished pool full of water.

Yes, a friend of mine told me the same thing...and I definitely think you are right.

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll get some plants in there. I think that will make me feel a lot better about it! Even though I'm a bit deflated now, I will imagine seeing and hearing the water flowing over the rocks with an adult beverage in my hand. That should do the trick :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and our pavers were delivered yesterday and a trailer showed up parked along my driveway.

Pavers + what looks like sunshine for at least 5 days (wow!) = stuff probably happening next week!

@LeighHop -- Thanks so much! The guy I hired came all the way from New Jersey and I picked him because of the really natural look to all the waterfalls he's done. Of course, I saw all of them completely finished, planted and with water! But I'm coming around...I just go out and look at it everyday and it is starting to feel like it belongs there now :p I just checked out your build...things are moving so fast and it looks really great!

@Riley00Dog -- Thank you too! I know from reading your thread that you can feel everybody's pain in the U.S. Northeast/Mid-Atlantic regarding rain!! When does your slide go in? Can't wait to see that!

Well another week with nothing going on...what a waste of nice weather! At least the bluestone for the coping was delivered yesterday. Or more to the point, literally dropped off the back of the truck into the front yard (what's left of it anyway, lol):

IMAG1250_1.jpg

Wow that was pretty rude. That pile looks like what mine does after they installed most of it. The good news is it is still totally usable. They arrange it in a random sort of pattern and cut much of it so I wouldn't worry at all.

Also, it's really thick so I would be surprised if any of it was even broken.

What the heck!? Are they still usable?

That's the same thing my husband asked!

The good news is it is still totally usable. They arrange it in a random sort of pattern and cut much of it so I wouldn't worry at all.

Also, it's really thick so I would be surprised if any of it was even broken.

I kind of thought so too. I guess they're lucky that we decided on irregular flagstone! The other annoying thing is now it isn't even on the pallets so the crew that does the coping is going to have load it onto the Bobcat and move all of it into the back yard. I'm pretty sure they were supposed to 'dump' it inside the fence, not in the 'staging area' that was once our front yard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's the same thing my husband asked!

I kind of thought so too. I guess they're lucky that we decided on irregular flagstone! The other annoying thing is now it isn't even on the pallets so the crew that does the coping is going to have load it onto the Bobcat and move all of it into the back yard. I'm pretty sure they were supposed to 'dump' it inside the fence, not in the 'staging area' that was once our front yard.

I feel you on the staging area that was once a front yard [emoji17] They could have made everyone’s life easier and dropped it off (with care) around the back. Hopefully your coping is done soon.

While there is still absolutely NOTHING going on with my pool build, at least the cabana I'm building for my dog is coming along. I got the base cut and assembled yesterday. OMG, it was hot. I really could have used a nice refreshing pool to jump into!

dogCabana1.jpg

dogCabana2.jpg

Same issue over here. We should create a support group or something. We must have had ten inches of rain in the past week. Progress has come to a screeching halt. I was expecting to be building a fence right now before it got too hot and I am at least three weeks away from that.

I know, right?!! And even worse, I feel that I will come home again to nothing new even though we actually have sunshine today. Our pool is a nasty green mess with about 3 feet or more of water in it. Yuck!!

Keeping the faith, Kim!

I actually wasn't too terribly bad here in Damascus. I pumped out around 4 inches twice. Checked levels yesterday and don't need to re-balance much. 40lbs of salt and 2 lbs of CYA.

I'm just jealous that you guys are so far along! For reference, we signed in December and we STILL haven't even broken ground yet. I'm getting frustrated to the point of wanting to pull the plug! If this is indicative of how the rest of the build will go I won't be able to deal with that.

Wow Gorilla, we signed in December also! And I thought things were moving slow for us. I'm really sorry to hear that you will be moving on from your PB. Well, not about that but that it delays your backyard paradise. I hope you are able to get your project back on track soon. What a bummer.

Thanks Riley00Dog...nothing happened yesterday even though it was sunny!! Grrr! More rain today. Looking pretty good for the rest of the week, so I better see some action!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.