New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

haha! Yes, whatever were you thinking?!

Absolutely no word on when the pool light situation will be rectified. I'd be surprised it it gets done before we have to close the pool.

Still no basketball hoop either.

After the big blow out on the phone last week I was suddenly told the plaster slurry pit and port-o-john in my driveway should be gone by tomorrow. Now, that wasn't so hard was it Mr. PB?

Decided not to buy/let them install the handrail. Magically after the phone discussion, I received a change order via email. I'm supposed to sign and pay for it. I think I'll just let them keep it and have it done in the spring by a different company. Not giving one additional dime of my money to them.

Metal handrails need to be bonded with the bonding grid. This is hard to do after the fact. You could still install a handrail but it will cost around $1000 and you'll need to use the Saftron rails which don't need to be bonded. Just keep that in mind.

Agree! I also am getting my cover elsewhere, more so because I'm afraid of any maintenance company that wants to be associated with such a terrible builder just also be terrible.

After getting the name, finally, they have a 1 star review... Yeeeep all set

I love terrible builders, I just don’t affiliate with them. Their pools will always come a knockin..

Metal handrails need to be bonded with the bonding grid. This is hard to do after the fact. You could still install a handrail but it will cost around $1000 and you'll need to use the Saftron rails which don't need to be bonded. Just keep that in mind.

I thought so too, but was reading somewhere that this doesn't have to be. It is aluminum and is removable and the anchors are plastic. I'll try to remember where I got that info.

Welll now I just think I'm going crazy...when I go the SR Smith page and look at the installation instructions, it does talk about bonding the anchors.

Great, that means more of my decking now has to be torn up? Same with the bball hoop.

I cannot believe this didn't get done when the pavers were put down. Just unbelievable.

Hey neighbor. Another Mt Airy resident here. Don't know how I missed this one. Sorry about all of your troubles with PB. Sounds like you used the same one that I did. We have contacted him multiple times about different issues and he refuses to come out. Don't pay the bill until you are completely satisfied. As you know, you are among friends here.

Small boring update...Port-a-john has finally been removed from my driveway!

I was told last week that the plaster slurry pit would be removed by Monday or Tuesday of this week. Came home yesterday and yup, still there. Texted PB who claimed he was going to put a call into them. We'll see.

STILL no word on when light will be pulled/fixed/installed.

Anybody want to start a pool (haha, no pun intended) on what date that finally gets done?

I was told last week that the plaster slurry pit would be removed by Monday or Tuesday of this week. Came home yesterday and yup, still there. Texted PB who claimed he was going to put a call into them. We'll see.

Anybody want to start a pool (haha, no pun intended) on what date that finally gets done?

Ugh I don't want to make bets because we all know the only safe ones are to go well above and beyond all reasonable expectations.

I called my/their electrician yesterday and he had no idea he might be coming to my site this week to hook up equipment. Whhhhhattt? Like you don't mention in your day to day "Hey, by the way, you could be going to [blazin's] job later this week to setup equipment." If you don't even mention it, you're either terrible at your job, communication, and planning, or you have no intention of doing the work.

ARGGHGH!

Just make sure you hold whatever remaining payments you owe until all of this is done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I called my/their electrician yesterday and he had no idea he might be coming to my site this week to hook up equipment. Whhhhhattt? Like you don't mention in your day to day "Hey, by the way, you could be going to [blazin's] job later this week to setup equipment." If you don't even mention it, you're either terrible at your job, communication, and planning, or you have no intention of doing the work.

ARGGHGH!

Just so hard to believe they think this is an acceptable business practice.

Just make sure you hold whatever remaining payments you owe until all of this is done.

Absolutely. I already told him during the phone blow out that I had no intention of giving him that check until it was all completely finished. I may be putting salt in the pool before I even have a light.

wow, Kim you are a positive thinker! But I think RileyDog might end up being the big winner here unless we get some other contestants.

Forgot to mention that PB did show up on Monday and dropped off my robot. Thank gooodness. Just wanted to make sure I got it if he decides to bail on me now (even though he says he's not going to). And I'll be able to use it in 10 days!! Can't wait as I'm tired of brushing. And if I'm being perfectly honest, because I'm still under the weather I haven't brushed in 2 days. Yes, there is some debris sitting on the pool floor. Ugh.

Slurry pit still there yesterday. No basketball hoop or light fix in sight. Sigh.

wow, Kim you are a positive thinker! But I think RileyDog might end up being the big winner here unless we get some other contestants.

Forgot to mention that PB did show up on Monday and dropped off my robot. Thank gooodness. Just wanted to make sure I got it if he decides to bail on me now (even though he says he's not going to). And I'll be able to use it in 10 days!! Can't wait as I'm tired of brushing. And if I'm being perfectly honest, because I'm still under the weather I haven't brushed in 2 days. Yes, there is some debris sitting on the pool floor. Ugh.

Slurry pit still there yesterday. No basketball hoop or light fix in sight. Sigh.

Not sure what robot what is but with most robots you are supposed to wait 30 days before using them.

Not sure what robot what is but with most robots you are supposed to wait 30 days before using them.

She got plastered in late July. Maybe other times too but you'll have to ask her that yourself. So in 10 days it'll be pretty close to 30 days.

Well the plaster cesspool disappeared yesterday, hooray for that!

Kim too bad that wasn't the bet, you would have won!

Yeah, plaster(ed) party at my house!! However I cannot be held responsible for anyone tripping over the pool light and wires sitting on the decking. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.