New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

How deep did you go on the sun shelf? The build looks great.

Thanks!!

The standard 6"...hopefully we'll be happy with that. I've read a lot of different opinions on sun shelf depth and tried to think of how I'd like to use it. I decided that it would be nice for people who don't want to get wet to sit in the water so decided to take a chance on the shallower depth.

Thanks!!

The standard 6"...hopefully we'll be happy with that. I've read a lot of different opinions on sun shelf depth and tried to think of how I'd like to use it. I decided that it would be nice for people who don't want to get wet to sit in the water so decided to take a chance on the shallower depth.

6"? Hmm that is really shallow. Mine is like 15" and is perfect for young kids to play on/in.

Out of curiosity - what type of coping and decking are you looking at? Almost looks like travertine?

I just ask because we're only 20 minutes down the road from you and are looking at options other than bluestone potentially.

We have bluestone coping why don't you want that? You are welcome to stop by and take a look.

I’m sure your 6” will be fine. You put a lot a thought into how you’ll be using it.

Thanks Riley00dog...I hope you are right. I did find on some threads where people discussed their sun shelf depth...many people went deeper but those that didn't were still really happy with them. I'm going to be positive and think that we will too!

- - - Updated - - -

We are putting in irregular flagstone for the coping...I just like the organic look to it. And we are doing Techo Bloc pavers for the decking. See my sig.

Finally some progress to report! Materials for the waterfall were just delivered and the crew should be on site to start building it by 10:30 this morning.

SAM_1602.jpg

Oh and this was sitting at the top of our driveway when I got home on Friday...anybody ever seen a PB do this?!!! :D

Sorry about the picture orientation...I saved it in portrait but for some reason it loads here in landscape.

Attachments

• SAM_1603.jpg
    SAM_1603.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 352

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And ‘other’ times they would go to a convenience store I’d like to think.

And ‘other’ times they would go to a convenience store I’d like to think.

Excellent! Always great to see progress.

I think our workers go to the store. They have never asked to use my facilities and no port-a-loo or secluded wooded area.

I always felt kind of bad about that...I think having this is a nice gesture on the part of the PB. We take some things for granted for sure!

Updated waterfall pics coming later today!

The waterfall is done. I'm not thrilled. I hope it is just because I'm so sick of looking at rocks and concrete and mud.

Maybe when the pool is done, the plantings are in and we have water and our lawn back I'll feel better about it. What do you all think?

There are planting areas to the left, right and the top but obviously nothing in them yet. The water will come down from the top and split into 2 spillways into the pool.

SAM_1642.jpg

SAM_1643.jpg

I think it looks really nice! I'm at almost the same stage and I am SO sick of looking at mud and piles of dirt. What is it that you don't like? I really like a natural look and I think they nailed it on yours!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.