Semi inground pool?? Metro Detroit

bhottle

Bronze Supporter
Jan 31, 2017
Washington, MI
Hello, first I wanted to say how awesome this website is. What a great resource! I am still probably two years away from building (hopefully not longer). Obviously I’d love to get going now, but money as usual is a major factor. I need to knock off my student loan debt before I finance part of a pool. I’ve been lurking this site for a year or so and feel like I still have so much to learn about what I am getting into.

Last week I asked about fiberglass pools and size. We are still trying to decide which direction to go. Our choices are: fiberglass, inground with liner, or semi inground. From what I can tell the gunite is just something that will be forever out of our price range and I’d like to get a pool while my kids are relatively young. We definitely want the inground pool look, but we have kicked around the idea of the semi inground pool as well. Obviously going that route would cut some cost and maybe we could get the pool sooner. I guess my question is, what does one give up by going semi inground as opposed to fiberglass or inground with a liner? I don’t need a ton of extras. To save cost I’d be willing to go composite deck around the pool as opposed to cement (I assume that is possible?) We’d like a bigger pool, we’d like lights in the pool, and we’d like the jets that spray water into the pool (not asking too much right lol). Definitely want a heater and at some point a system that makes it easier to clean the pool as well. I’m sure I’m missing a lot of info. We have a nice size yard so we have a lot of wiggle room with what we want to do. Again $ is the main issue. We live in Metro Detroit, so our pool season is not as long as we’d like and we have to take into account how much money to sink into this for something we won’t get to enjoy year round. Thank you very much for any insight. It’s going to be a long process, but I would rather get out in front of this and be prepared as opposed to being financially ready and then just diving into this. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.