New Intelliflo VSF and Polaris PB4SQ Booster, Timing and Control

Aug 29, 2013
Hi guys. I lost both my pump and booster in the last freeze and had to replace them. Both units were run from a mechanical timer. Now, I've got the Intelliflo managing itself but the booster is still timed off the mechanical timer.

In an effort to make this easier for my wife when I'm on the road, I'd like your thoughts (or constructive feedback) on setting up the programs:
  • Is there a control panel that won't cost $1000 that will allow me to program and manage both of them from my PC or phone?
  • Does the booster need the intelliflow running at normal pressure when it comes on? If not, then I could run the Intelliflow at normal pressure as needed, then drop it down to minimum the rest of the day. If the Intelliflow output doesn't affect the booster, so long as it is on, that would only cost me $30 a month in electricity for the pump and I wouldn't need to worry if the timers got out of sync if I was away for a couple of weeks.
  • Can the Intelliflow run 24 hours a day? It's reading 750 watts which would cost me about $60 a month in electricity. Then, I'd just set the booster to run as normal.
Thanks for your advice.

op,

Starting with your last question... Yes, if you want, you can run your IntelliFlo 24/7... I have a SWCG and like producing a little chlorine all the time, so that is what I do. I only run mine at 1200 rpm, most of the time, so the monthly cost is less than $20 bucks.. It has been running 24/7 for almost 4 years..

Most booster pumps require the main pump to be running before they work.

If you are interested in controlling your IntelliFlo and booster from on the road, you could buy one of the "lite" versions of the EasyTouch that comes with ScreenLogic2. But this would still cost you $700 bucks and that is without installation...

Unless you lose electrical power often, I would just go with the mechanical time clock... Actually.. I have a Robot and don't have to use any pumps to clean my pool... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.