Low water in spa

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
I’ve recently had water levels in the spa dropping over night and then not refilling when the pool starts. I have replaced the back flow valve.

When I speed up the pump I will get a huge amount of air out of the spa valves.

Any thoughts?

I kind of have the same problem. My spa losses water when we use it, we can see the pool level rising. I can turn on the spillway function and the spa will rise and pool will lower. I think my automatic valve on the return side may be having issue's. When that valve operates you can hear a grinding noise and the handle turns with a pulsation, not smooth as before. I think the valve needs new gears so it will close all the way. The PB is coming out tomorrow so I will repost once we figure it out. I think you might have a valve issue also from your description. GO COOGS !! '83

c,

Sounds to me like one of your automated valves is not working, or at least not working correctly..

In theory, your pool should work as follows...

In the Pool Mode..... Pool water should be sucked through the "Intake" valve by the pump and pushed through your filter and back through the "Return" valve and out the pool eyeballs..

In the Spa Mode..... Spa water should be sucked through the "Intake" valve by the pump and pushed through your filter and back through the "Return" valve and out the Spa jets..

Spillover mode.. Pool water should be sucked through the "Intake" valve by the pump and pushed through your filter and back through the "Return" valve and out the Spa jets.. Since more water is coming into the Spa then leaving, it will spillover into the pool..

Please put your EasyTouch into the three modes and watch the automated Intake and Return valves and ensure they are moving to the correct positions..

Let us know what you find..

Thanks,

Jim R.

UPDATE: I had a pool repair company pressure test the pool. They indicated that since the hard freeze we had this winter (hey, its Houston), they had seen a lot of plumbing issues. The test showed small leaks around some of the spa jets. When dye is injected around the jets you can see it get sucked back in. This probably explains why I've had soil subsidence around the spa. The leaks have been sealed and the water level is holding (so far).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.