Pre-advise on new quartz opening this week.

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
Looking for some advise on what to add up front..I have read new plaster pools can cause PH to go up and my city water is around 7.8 now..TA is around 50.
Should I adjust about calcium Hardness first?
Here is something I never quite understood..I read TA is a buffer but to raise TA I need baking soda but to lower PH I need acid? That seems weird :)

I also am not going to make the same mistake I did 6 years aqo and get CYA too high..Mine was around 100 :( and I battled algae all the time.

Focus on ph, FC and CYA. CH can wait till you get those started.

Don't worry about TA at this point yet. Don't buy anything for that, you may never need it.

Use Muriatic Acid for pH as needed, Bleach for 5ppm FC and granular stabilizer in a sock or two to take your CYA up to 30ppm.

Use a sock over the hose to prevent the metal hose end from marring the new plaster.

Once you start that hose running..do NOT turn it off or you'll risk getting line stains at each level it gets stopped. Keep it running until its filled.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks, sounds like I need to pickup a gallon of acid before hand..I will also use a sock and keep it running until full..He told me that last time when they plastered it 8 years ago..Said they don't know why but can't get rid of the ring

Love the blue quartz, makes water a lite blue crystal clear color.. So far PH keeps going up and I keep adding acid ;)..TA is around 8 so probably add more baking soda..keeping clorine around 5 also and added 4 pds CYA to 18k pool so should be around perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.