Gray spots on new plaster

Mar 13, 2018
Riverside/ca
Had the plaster removed on January 4th, plaster was done the next day. Spa jets were installed incorrectly and leaked at least 100 gallons a day into the gunite for a couple of weeks. Now all these gray spots have appeared on the floor and walls. About 12 in the spa and 50 in the pool. Not sure if it's related to the leak or not. Any ideas?
I tried scrubbing them with a chlorine tab and a pumice stone. Neither made a difference so I think it's coming through from the back side. And you can see in one of the pictures the plaster flaked in one of the spots.
20180302_142756.jpg20180302_142746.jpg

I think I would be very concerned. I'd say this may have been applied incorrectly. Hopefully not a lowest bidder fly-by-night outfit.

They have no explanation other than maybe it was a bad batch of plaster. After two months and beginning the process of filing a claim against their bond the company finally agreed to replaster the whole pool and spa. My worry is since they didn't know the cause, what's to keep it from happening again?

It looks like the plaster might be really thin in those spots.

Maybe the plaster is too thin in general.

Maybe there was some lumps at the spots that were removed and then just lightly troweled over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.