New to salt generator

Mar 12, 2018
Clearwater
We just got a swg ic 40 installed in November and when the pumped turned off at 4, the cell would completely turn off.
Last week, we had to replace the pump and now when the pump turns off at 4, the flow light stays on but red and the salt light blinks all night until pump turns back on.
Its this typically or did technician wire aomethiing incorrect when replacing a circuit breaker.

e,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your pool equipment questions, whether your Water is Clear or not... :shark:

You never want your salt cell to have power when the pump is off... I am assuming that your old pump was a single speed pump and the IC40 was wired to come on with the pump.. Exactly as it should!!

Is your new pump a VS pump? If so, it gets power 24/7 and is most likely the problem. Assuming your new pump is a VS pump, then it should be wired to constant AC power, but your IC40's power supply needs to be connected to an external timer so that it only allows power to the cell's power supply when the pump is scheduled to be on..

All that said, if you replaced a single speed pump with another single speed pump, then your installer did it wrong...

This also assumes that you do not have an automation system which has a different fix...

Tell us more about your specific pool equipment.

Thanks for posting

Jim R.

I'm not entirely sure how they had it wired but my own SWG is on a seperate timer it should never be left on with the pump off, the flow switch is a failsafe but should not be what shuts off the SWG. Hopefully someone else might know how to get the pump to shut off the SWG but I'd feel safer myself using a timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.