Hello to all,

Leaving from early Sat am to late Friday night. Pool results just 1 hr ago:

FC 6
    CH 250
    TA 60
    CYA 40
    pH 7.5
    65 degrees
    Changed out hair nets, pump basket almost spotless, lots of pollen leaving pollen lines around water line
    Running Shark continuously until I leave, 20 hrs by 5am tomorrow

I have one person coming Wednesday, so I was seeking advice on what I can do prior to leaving? They will do FC and pH test

I will hit w bleach at 5am before leaving...thanks, tstex

Note: I did add some MA today to get the 7.5pH
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going away for a week - these are chemistries

I don't see a cover or SWG so if it were me, I'd just top off that FC to shock level. Just in case....cause I'm a worry-wort like that. But otherwise looks great.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

With the water at 65degF, I'd just put some FC in there and throw the solar cover on it. leave your pump going to circulate. Not much bad is going to happen in a week that you can't easily go away for the week without worrying about it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Being that you're in Texas, with a CYA of only 40, you could also throw in a couple of chlorine tablets and not worry about it. Lots of people in Texas run their CYA a little higher (up to 60) because of the heat, so even if your CYA climbs a little, you'll be alright.
    Pool size: 20,000 Gallon Plaster Pool, Pump: Hayward Tristar VS SP3202VSP, Filter: Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320
    Polaris 280 Pressure side cleaner, Solar cover, Pentair Amerilite LED pool light, Taylor K-2006C test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you again DR. In AZ at the moment, but during the Hurricane, we received lots of rain but no flooding into pool, the water did get up to and even w coping, but not any longer than an hour or 2. I kept regulating the chemistries w CL & MA. Had to take out a lot of earthworms ea morning.

I'll Ck out the link when we arrive in Phoenix - I'm really having an issue w mold in the decking stones. Had an expert stone mam come by and it removed 65-70%. I read that ammonia diluted w warm water would do the trick. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks again, tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!