SLAM Complete

Oct 23, 2017
Miami, FL
So my water is gin clear. Still have a little debris on the bottom as it has been windy here and have fair amount of organic material dropping in. I've been vaccing daily, except for yesterday, worked 24 hours. Filter pump has been running for about 5 days. Will vac again today even though it's only going to be about 70. Fortunately, I grew up in NE so some cold water doesn't bother me that much! LOL

My FC is now at 15. Three days ago it was 24. To be honest, I haven't done an overnight test as my 0871 is running low. In retrospect, should have had more on hand prior to starting my SLAM. Note to self for the future.

When I started, I blocked off the aerator on my return. Not sure if I should have done that but I did. Pool School makes no mention of the aerator. I thought that because algae thrives on oxygen, introducing less would be better.

My question is, how long before I can begin to test my pH and get a reliable test? I understand that higher Cl levels can skew the pH test.

Thanks for all your help here. Wifey is much happier with the pool water. Even though she won't get in it for another couple weeks until it warms up. #noheater

And to be sure, my SWG has been switched to off during this process.

My question is, how long before I can begin to test my pH and get a reliable test?
Once your FC drops below 10 you can get a reliable pH test.

- - - Updated - - -

dbtgallery.php

Cool. Thanks. I need to order the TFT refill pack. Now that my SLAM is done, how long will it take for the FC level to drop?

On another note and for future SLAMmers, don't be shy with the Cl and the filter pump. Only after I really kept my FC up, let the filter run, backwashed a couple times a day, vacced, brushed, did my SLAM really work. I got lazy after the first couple days that it seemed to be working. My bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.