Automation panel indoors?

gsrel

Aug 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I know this may sound like a stupid question but has anyone installed an automation panel indoors?

The reason I ask is that I will be completing my pool install this spring and a friend of mine mentioned that I should install my Hayward ProLogic panel indoors beside my main electrical panel (in my basement). I suppose he has a concern that the weather may damage it over time if left in the outdoor elements?

The electrical panel is located in the basement directly underneath/beside the outside wall where my equipment is installed. I have a wireless hayward counter top remote that I will be using with it.

View attachment 73344

g,

The automation panels are made to be installed outside... I only see three possible issues installing it inside..

Electrical code often requires a shutoff near the equipment pad.. The panel provides this emergency cutoff... You need to check with your local building inspector and see if this is a requirement for you or not...

All of the cable and wires that come with things like some VS pumps, actuators, salt cells, etc are all about 15 feet long or so. You just need to understand that they may not reach from the inside panel to the proper spot on the equipment pad.. Some you could wire yourself, some you may have to buy extension cables.

Most automation panels have a Service mode, so that you can shut the system down and operate it manually.. This comes in handy when you want to turn off the pump to clean the basket, or the filter... I would find it a pain to have to run back to the panel in the basement. It would also be used by the "pool boy" but hopefully that will be you.. :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.