Looking for a good outdoor chemical cabinet.

Mar 4, 2018
Prosper, TX
Does anyone know of or have a good, corrosive-chemical-rated, outdoor chemical cabinet that they recommend?

I'm looking for something that I can lock with a padlock, won't corrode obviously, fairly priced and decently sized. I think as far as size goes, I'd take anything that's not wider than 4 or 5 feet.

Any suggestions? Thanks as always!

I think if you're going to store MA in there, I'd drill a few air holes in the back to allow for the vapors to get out? MA comes with caps that allow vapor out (even though they look tight) so you don't wanna up and open that box and pass out from the smell, LOL.

Maddie :flower:

• Haha
Reactions: DuckPond
I wanted a locked storage box outside for my chems, too, but I've read here:

OK to store MA outside (in the heat). Chlorine not so much.

Storing MA and Chlorine in the same place, especially in a closed in area, can be dangerous (if the two ever get mixed together it results in an extremely toxic gas).

But for one or the other, I've had great luck with the Suncast brand. I have a bunch of them. Two of these for pool toys:

Shop Suncast 52-in L x 29-in W 124-Gallon Java Resin Deck Box at Lowes.com

Something like this-

Lifetime 116 Gallon Deck Box

That is exactly what I use, but note the hinges and lift arm pistons will rust.....

- - - Updated - - -

I think if you're going to store MA in there, I'd drill a few air holes in the back to allow for the vapors to get out? MA comes with caps that allow vapor out (even though they look tight) so you don't wanna up and open that box and pass out from the smell, LOL.

Probably not a bad idea (I haven't done it), but in 3 years I have never had any discernible MA odor when opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.