Dolphin Triton, Premier or Nautilus owner, please chime in...

Meadow

Jun 10, 2016
Temecula, CA
Our 2 yr old Dolphin Triton by Maytronics leaved behind nasty black marks whenever the black plastic housing hit or rub against the wall or steps. My thought from last year is black algae but we now have new white plaster and yet, black stains are re-appearing….Great! Upon closer observation, I then realized they were caused by our robotic cleaner. Specifically, the side that’s missing the rubber bumper. Nylon brush dindu nuffin but scrubbing with dish washing scouring pad worked for me. Can’t wait for summer to clean them all up.

Not sure if installing another set of rubber bumper (if available) would help. My search yields nothing and wondering if other Dolphin Triton, Premier or Nautilus owner is experiencing the same. And how or what would you do to address the issue?

Call Maytronics and see about buying new bumpers. Easy fix I imagine.

Maddie :flower:
Thank you Maddie.
First I thought my Triton lost the bumpers on one side of the panel. But the below Triton parts diagram indicates only one side panel has the bumpers and they are not sold separately. Not sure if the side panels are interchangeable but I will call Maytronics and go from there.
http://www.marinapoolspaandpatio.com/catalog/192

Agree with Yippie. I have a Premier and have not had similar problems but mine's only about 8 months old.
I really don't want to admit there's only me! Perhaps your pool surface is darker making the stain less visible but thank you for chiming in.
I love my Triton, it does a very good job each time without complaining. But for reasons beyond aesthetic, Maytronics picked black color for the side panels :scratch: :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.