Is it time?

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
Is it time to raise the CYA?
The pool was finished in December. Brought CYA up to ~30 over the winter and have been TFP’ing it. Now the water temp is generally around 70*, I am thinking it’s time to raise the CYA?

s,

Yep!! I would bring your CYA level up to 70 or 80 .... You just need to make sure that your FC stays at the recommended levels per this chart... [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

I assume your IC60 is online and working??

What does this page look like in ScreenLogic???

dbtgallery.php

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

s,

Until you get a good feel for how your pool works, I suggest that you keep an eye on your FC level.. 50% sounds high to me, but of course it depends on how long you are running your pump.

No one can tell you what your percent, or pump run time, needs to be, it is just something you will have to play with to match your pool's FC demand... Also, it will slowly change as the weather changes.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have been testing more frequently now that the temp is warming up. Over the winter, FC is pretty stable. Now that the temp has warmed up, I was running it at 40% for 8 hours and I was “losing” about 1ppm during a sunny day. Where I am, it’s windy so there’s a lot of stuff that gets blown into the pool. I was thinking between that stuff in the pool and the low CYA, that’s why it’s using up the FC?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.