Cartridge filter install

Installed a new c4025 cartridge filter in place of a sand filter last night. Today was looking for any leaks”nun” and I can open the bleeder valve on top of it about half way and nothing but air is coming out? I have 10 psi on the gauge. I have some bubbles in the pump and some out the jets but small amount always been this way. I can leave the valve open for awhile and it’s always air. I can open it more then the water starts?

I have a smaller cartridge filter and it works about the same. Open slightly and you get air until the water squirts out. Now hopefully you aren't pulling-in air from the suction line from a suction side air leak. That may be something to watch for as time goes on. Also check your pool water level to ensure the skimmer(s) are slightly over half full so no air can get sucked down the skimmer pipe. The pump basket should be crystal clear when the pump is on high with no air bubbles under the lid. Always ensure you add a little fresh lube to that O-ring as well when you open it. As long as there isn't a tremendous amount of air having to escape from the bleeder, you should be fine. If you suspect a suction side leak is allowing more air in than normal, take a look at those things I mentioned and let us know if you are still having any concerns. Your new C4025 should serve you well. That may be my next filter as well. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.