Spa cover leaking?

wkussmaul

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2010
Hi,
I have a 4-year old Hot Spring spa with a tapered cover. It lives outdoors. This winter I noticed that half the cover is getting waterlogged, and the spa tends to fill up after it rains. So it seems quite obvious that the cover is leaking, although to the eye it is completely intact.
Meanwhile, the water quality and chemistry are fine even though I'm probably getting an admixture of rain water.

So: is it imperative to replace the entire cover ASAP?
Is 4 years a short cover life?

As always, thanks for the great help I always get from TFP.

With it living outside I would say 4 yrs is a good run for the cover. Do you HAVE to replace it? Nope........keep a close eye on your chemistry and go from there. To buy you some time you might be able to put a tarp over it to help keep the rain out. Not pretty but....

Kim:kim:

Since we are going into spring I wouldn't worry about it too much but would replace this fall. If water is getting in then heat can get out. I have a hot spring spa too with a hot spring cover, bummer it only lasted 4 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.