Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing a 25k gallon pool. Where to split things off?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing a 25k gallon pool. Where to split things off?

See sig for the pool I want to build. I have some questions about the plumbing:

#1: For the SUCTIONS (one side and 2 skimmers): Do I want to plumb the 2 skimmers to each other, or does each skimmer need a single solitary run back to the pad where the pump is?

#2: For the DISCHARGE (2 waterfalls and 2 to 3 return jets): Do I need to run individual PVC pipes from the pump discharge to each waterfall, or can I run one line from the pump to the first waterfall, and split off there to go to the next waterfall?

#3: Where should I put valves? Obviously on the discharge side to turn the waterfalls on and off. BUT, I DON'T want to make it possible that I shut off all places for the pump to suck water from.

#4: Does anyone have a "pool plumbing 101 guide"? I have worked with plenty of PVC. I am a former Navy Nuke. If I can open, repair, and reseal a seawater system, and water doesn't leak in at test depth, I can handle this job. I just need some guidance.
    Pool: Poolwarehouse.com DIY Gold Coast kit. 18' x 39' x 8' deep. Hayward Aqua Plus SWG system. Water returns are two Aqua Genie skimmers and two waterfalls. Pump: Hayward Super Pump VSP.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Plumbing a 25k gallon pool. Where to split things off?

#1 I suggest all runs be homeruns back to the pad

#2 You should have each water feature its own adjustable run as it will be near impossible to balance them the way you suggest.

#3 See below picture for my setup

29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos