Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Sacramento

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Sacramento

Hey there,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. First-time pool owner (pool has been full about 3 weeks) looking to learn the ropes and handle things myself. This site is exactly what I needed - a crazy amount of info so far, and I love the methodology. Just waiting on my TF-100 with SpeedStir to really dig in! Thanks in advance for the help once I have my initial numbers.

Randy
    Randy - Sacramento, CA - completed 1/2018
    15k IG plaster/pebble, Jandy CL340 cartridge filter, Jandy JEP1.5 ePump (1.5 HP, variable speed),
    Polaris TR36P, Jandy iQPump01 interface, sheer descent, TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Sacramento

Hi Randy!! You are a quick learner! Thanks for filling in your siggy AND ordering your test kit!

I would love for you to start a thread in Just getting started or Under construction to share your pool with us! For now I am going to share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. You might have found some of these links already but want to you have them all:

Print these out:
    Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello Randy from SAC, and welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Randy,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your new pool questions, no matter how high your 'Citrus" grows...

Thanks for the intro...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.