IC40 - Vegas

Oct 29, 2016
Henderson
Ok so when I bought my equipment I was talked out of getting and using a SWG. Almost everyone I have talked to said that after 2-3 years it’s a pain in the rear. So because I don’t know what I don’t know, is that a wise choice...?

cj,

Well.. yes, and absolutely no... :p

It was good that you did not get the IC40 which would work, but is really too small for your pool. We always recommend getting a cell that is at least 2 x bigger than your pool volume.. This is because cells are rated when running 24/7...

And no, because salt pools are the easiest to maintain...

I don't plan on building another pool, but if I did, it would never, ever be a non-saltwater pool..

Any feedback on why "after 2-3 years" saltwater pools suddenly turn into the devil???

The biggest problem with saltwater pools is that many people think that you no longer need to regularly test and maintain the right chemical balance... Just because the salt cell is adding chlorine does not mean that the owner does not have to do normal chemical testing and adjustments...

Go salt and you will never go back.. :cool:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

You don't list your equipment or if you have automation in your signature but yes, I would get the IC60 if you need Pentair. Or Circupool 60K rated if you do not have automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.