Removing scale from solar blanket?

Feb 12, 2018
Shawnee, ks
Removing scale from solar blanket? Because I have an indoor pool in a fairly small space, there is no place to take the solar blanket off the pool to clean it. It has build up of scale at the seam of the solar blanket that is a left over from when the pool had a saline system. Is there a pool cleaning chemical that can be used on the solar blanket while it is still on the pool? The pool is only 8 feet wide and the solar blanket is seamed all the way down the 42 foot length. I’m assuming I could apply the chemical to the scale with a mop, and could use a soft nylon brush attached to the pool pole to give it a gentle scrubbing.

I’m wondering if anyone has tried this or can suggest a chemical that will be save for both the pool and the solar blanket.

Thank you for your help.

Is there any way to take it outside? If not here is my other idea:

I think a very weak muratic acid solution (10 to 1 to start with) may do the trick and it is safe for the pool. Just know it will push your PH down so you will need to be ready to splash around a lot to push it back up............CANNON BALL! LOL

Kim:kim:

It has build up of scale at the seam of the solar blanket that is a left over from when the pool had a saline system.

FYI - the fact it was a SaltWater pool has no relationship to scale buildup. Poor management of pH, TA, and CH levels will cause scale.

Take care.

Is there any way to take it outside? If not here is my other idea:

I think a very weak muratic acid solution (10 to 1 to start with) may do the trick and it is safe for the pool. Just know it will push your PH down so you will need to be ready to splash around a lot to push it back up............CANNON BALL! LOL

Kim:kim:

Thank you, Kim. I’m not able to take it outside but I do appreciate your suggestion. Thanks so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.