Did the pool store sell us a Refurbished Maytronics Dolphin S300???

sehrmude

Bronze Supporter
Aug 21, 2017
Tampa, FL
I am deployed to Afghanistan - and have been here since just before my pool was completed about 3 weeks ago. I called a Maytronics authorized dealer near my wife's work and purchsed a 'surprise' S-300 so my wife wouldn't have to manually vacuum the pool after getting home late from work. My wife should just be able to enjoy the pool after working 10 hours!

I have seen unboxing videos and video reviews of the S300 and S300i - and in all cases the robot (including filter) was completely assembled and ready for use. The only thing the consumer had to do was assemble the caddy, connect the power cord and put the bot in the water. But in our case, the robot was in a plain brown box with a sticker on the side that said S-300 - the filter was in several pieces and the rough debris mesh filter was missing. There was no Caddy in the box and, as I have read, the S-300 should come with the Caddy. My wife said the robot appeared like new, but these pieces were missing..

For those of you who have purchased a Dolphin robot - did it come in a Maytronics box with typical advertising on it and all parts assembled ready for use? Is there anyone who received in the same plain brown box and had to assemble the filter??

I feel that the pool store sold us either a refurbished unit or their display model. I paid $1175.75 for this robot - it is difficult to find actual prices for these Maytronics Dolphin robots, but I think this is full retail for a brand new device....certainly not a refurb or "open box" price.

You may have gotten a demo unit. Maytronics has demo units that stores can buy for 24 hour rental/demo use by customers. They come in brown boxes exactly like you're describing and don't have caddies. The sticker on it that says "Demo" is very easy to just peel off. If you paid $1200 for a demo unit, you got ripped off, but check the fine print of the receipt from there you purchased it and make sure it doesn't say "Demo" or "Refurb" or something like that.

Thank you for replying with that information. The pictues of the box my wife sent to me clearly show that a sticker was removed. The receipt does not even say WHAT we bought...I made the purchase over the phone and it simply says "Phone Order Sale".

I have sent an email to the owner of the pool store (Family owned small business) - if they don't make it right, there will certainly be legal action taken against that store...I really wish I was not deployed right now.

The pool store called my wife and apologized for selling us a demo unit. The store owner has ordered a new (consumer) Dolphin S300 and will be delivering it to our home as soon as it comes in. They understand that we have already used the demo unit and that isn't a problem - my wife will be bringing that back to them. They are making it right...

Glad to hear the situation is working out for you.

Thank you.. I am not 100% sure that it would have if we didn't have the information from thebombardier - armed with the data that we believed that this robot was a Demo with the sticker removed, the pool store quickly called and said "Oh, you are right. Sorry..."

This forum has so much knowledge and experience and provides a service to us newbies in the world of pools! Trouble Free Pool is an incredible resource and I am proud to have become a supporter!

:shock: They could not fix that fast enough! Too bad they had to "fix" it in the first place :roll: but at least they are doing the right thing now!

I am SO glad you found TFP and that we have been able to help you and yours on so many levels :hug:

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.