Chem humor

Customer : are you adding sodium hypobromite?

Pool tech : NaBrO

Two hydrogen atoms were walking down the street when one stopped and said to the other, “Darn, I lost my electron!” The second hydrogen atom said to the first, “Are you sure??” The first hydrogen atom responded, “Of course I’m sure, I’m positive!”

Ba-dum-bump!!

What chemical is funny without being a joke?

Sulfur Hexafluoride
Don't get it.

At work we use sulfur hexafluoride. One time I floated an aluminum foil boat on a pool of it. That was pretty cool, just seeing it "float" in midair. You could bump it and get it to rock back and forth and if you rocked it too much it would sink. Fun fun.

Another time we stuck some in a balloon and I inhaled it like a helium balloon. It has the opposite effect if helium. My voice was so low on my first breath neither I nor my coworkers could understand what I was saying!

It's funny because it makes you talk funny, like Darth Vader, and people laugh.

James Earl Jones once did sulfur hexafluoride. His voice was so low, only elephants and ferretts could hear him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.