Auto leveler replacement

Feb 9, 2018
Rockwall TX
Hello all,

The auto leveler on my pool (T29 Fluidmaster) is in need of replacement (sticking), but I'd actually like to replace it with something that will allow the water level to be about an inch higher than it is now. I've already adjusted it to it's maximum setting but it's still a little too low for my taste. Does anyone know of a pool leveler that has more adjustability or perhaps a modification to my current one that would allow this?

Thanks

This one has been bandied about by our various pool building experts as the best-in-breed -

Stetson Development | Keep you pond, pool water line level automatically.

Would that work for you? You adjust the angle of the float to adjust water level height in the pot/pool.

Unfortunately, the system we have has a much smaller reservoir and maintains water level by use of a vertical slider that mounts to the bottom of the reservoir can (much like a newer style toilet valve):

https://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-12222-t29-auto-fill-fluidmaster-valve.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ShoppingFeed&utm_term=ProductListingAds&utm_content=AllProducts&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyvKm3MqZ2QIVw7jACh1iKQBiEAQYBCABEgKb4fD_BwE

I believe the one that you offered mounts to the side of the reservoir so I don't think that will work for me.

Thanks though.

When you say you adjusted it to its max, did you adjust the height of both the bottom connection and the float slide?

Yep. I've extended it as high as possible. Basically it's hitting the bottom of the cover. I think I need a completely different design than the T29 but I just don't know if one exists. I have seen a few people use actual toilet shut off valves so I may have to give that a try just to see if they have more adjustability.

- - - Updated - - -

When you say you adjusted it to its max, did you adjust the height of both the bottom connection and the float slide?

Great suggestion but the shaft is extended as far as possible already and is touching the bottom of the cover. I'm afraid im going to require a totally different solution.

I have tried making the float a little heavier by adding weight (a few coins) and that seemed to work for a short time but was unreliable as a couple of times i discovered the pool over filling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.