And we're off in SE Houston

Re: And we're off in SE Houston

We finally have the weather to start digging today. They want to have gunite finished by this Friday. I will keep the pics up as I can. I did install a security camera to record the whole process. The spa will be more of a kidney shape though and it is the pool/spa only. This will give us more leg room vs what is shown in the pic.

Screenshot_20180129-081651.jpgView attachment 72410

Re:  And we're off in SE Houston

I am really starting to get frustrated. We just have gotten the worse tile person. He first started the columns with one with mixed stone (good) but the second with all light colored (bad). When we picked the grout (black) the salesman said that it really doesn't matter because the tiles will be so close together. Well that isn't true because the salesman doesn't know who will be installing the waterline tile. Tile guy had a young kid take care of the grout and is smeared on some of the light colored stacked stone. The grout on the back wall where it meets the column is way off. It was like he didn't measure as you can tell with the increasing grout line. One of the columns for the top stone has a huge chunk taken out that was filled with grout, that I removed to show how bad it is. The spa is suppose to be a kidney style shape on the backside which is nonsymmetrical really bad. There was a box on the seating part that hide the imperfection. I brought it up to the owner two days ago and he and the supervisor stopped by yesterday and looked at it and measured it, but I haven't heard from them yet about options. They put the same stone on the bottom of the skimmer instead of the water tile per the salesman. Funny thing is they used the black grout on the bottom stone which makes me thing WTH are they thinking. I really think they need to start over from scratch on the water line tile. This is on top of one of their contractors pee'd in my pool with all the water in the deep end with our pool light currently sits. Am i being too picky?

This is on top of one of their contractors pee'd in my pool with all the water in the deep end with our pool light currently sits. Am i being too picky?

Are you serious??? The tile job sounds horrible and you should def demand a do over, but that last part is just about the height of unprofessional behavior. Time for a serious heart to hear with the owner in my book.

I just became a supporter today so it might be a day or two to be able to post more pics. Forgot to mention when they ran a pipe under the decking for future electrical runs, I had to take the pipe out and dig further down because the end of the pipe was above grade. The pipe would have been stepped on or mowed over if I hadn't done this. I finished up about ten minutes after they started to get ready to pour the decking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180307-090716.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 107
Thank you, let's see if this works. If not then I will try your way, thank you. The spillway has been changed. I wanted to show what I am dealing with. They started from the right where the tiles were "in line" top to bottom. Well by the time you get to the left, they are offset due to the curve (normal). I tried to tell them to start in the middle and work outward so the ends will be close to each other. Anyways we went with another style.

Pool Issue Pics | Flickr

Please, please, please tell me the picture of the spill way is the first try and not the fixed one :angel:

What a mess in so many places.

The skimmer box should have all of the same tile in it AND those cuts should be a lot better so the grout lines are not as big.

So the water line is supposed to be so close the black grout will not matter?? Yeah right :roll: NOPE!

Keep us in the loop while they fix everything!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please, please, please tell me the picture of the spill way is the first try and not the fixed one :angel:

What a mess in so many places.

The skimmer box should have all of the same tile in it AND those cuts should be a lot better so the grout lines are not as big.

So the water line is supposed to be so close the black grout will not matter?? Yeah right :roll: NOPE!

Keep us in the loop while they fix everything!
The spillway is fine now. I will provide pics of that in a minute. What would you say about the irregular shape of the spa? This has really bothered us and still nothing from supervisor or owner about this issue.

Oh yeah .............THAT............How in the world can any one sit in that and be comfy??? Then if you try for more than one where will their feet go??? That may be a TOTAL redo taking it back down to the rebar and maybe even taking the rebar out and redoing it. Do you have a pic of the spa with just rebar in it? Can you tell it is going to end up like THAT??

Oh yeah .............THAT............How in the world can any one sit in that and be comfy??? Then if you try for more than one where will their feet go??? That may be a TOTAL redo taking it back down to the rebar and maybe even taking the rebar out and redoing it. Do you have a pic of the spa with just rebar in it? Can you tell it is going to end up like THAT??
Here are some pics with the redone spillway and the spa in the rebar stage.

Spa | Flickr

Oh goodie! The spillover tile looks SO much better! I love the new tile on it! Did the same person do it as the first try?

So how in the world did the rebar spa shape turn into THAT gunited spa? Do me a favor. See if you can take the same pic of the spa as in the rebar pic that is looking down in it. Try to get the same angle, distance, and such. I wonder just how thick that gunite is there!!

Kim:kim:

You can see from the bottom left of the spa/rebar pic the wrong shape already formed. I will take the same pic today to compare. I have spoken to the supervisor again about this and he hasn't heard back from the owner. So I still do not know where we stand on this. BTW, yesterday they sprayed the decking with the original color and not the one we changed to three days ago. My wife had it and started crying to me. She is so done with them. The supervisor texted the owner the change of color but he didn't forward that info to his spray guys. The color has now been corrected. Also it is the same tile guy who fixed the spillway. The supervisor said the owner might stop using him, after our job of course.

So many mistakes and redos! No wonder she cried! Only so much you can take before you have to let it out :hug: Tell I offered to smack them for her! LOL

I do see that out of shape part now that you point out where to look :(

So how in the world did the rebar spa shape turn into THAT gunited spa? Do me a favor. See if you can take the same pic of the spa as in the rebar pic that is looking down in it. Try to get the same angle, distance, and such. I wonder just how thick that gunite is there!!

I did add the pic you requested. Click on the link from post #34 and you should see it. I still haven't heard from owner on what is going to happen. I did send a text to supervisor just now on update for the spa, waterline tile, and we still haven't looked at any pools so we can finalize the plaster color. We have been promised since December we will see some pools. This is getting way out of hand at this point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.