Resetting salt water ag pool

Aug 13, 2017
Midland, TX
What are the general guidelines for timing/ average temps of setting up my ag salt pool? It is a small 12’ intex octagon. I don’t have a heater (may try to talk hubby into making one, but he’s building a room onto the house right now), but the sun in West Texas gets pretty penetrating pretty early.

TIA for your input.
-Amy

Hello Amy. To make sure I understand your question .... you are looking for the best time to set-up your small pool based on the weather correct? If that's the case, you probably have two main things to consider: 1 - Making sure the water can remain warm enough to enjoy; 2 - Water stays above 60 degrees for your SWG to operate properly. If I had a small pool like yours, I'd probably be setting mine up in late March/early April. The TX sun is more consistent and should hold water temps well for you. Since your pool is small, you can follow the TFP Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools insructions to help make things easier for you. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.