Jandy Valve Actuator(s) no longer working

Jan 22, 2018
Roseville, CA
Went to turn on my hot tub the other day and neither of the valve actuators moved the valves as expected. I have adjusted these actuators in the past so am familiar with how they move, how to manually adjust the rotors, or simply use the toggle on the back. The actuators have always moved as normal.

Now, however, appears neither actuator is getting any power. If one worked, and not the other, I would think I might need to change out the switch. I checked the cables, look fine. Took a look at the motherboard and all seemed OK. Tried resetting breakers, turning off, turning on.....nothing. Cannot get either actuator to move.....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Since you checked using the toggle switches, it sounds like they are not getting any power.

Can you add more detail to your signature so we know what automation you are using?
See Pool School - Getting Started

Take care

That helps, but you might see from the Moderators' signature the more detail the better. Volume, chlorinating method, pump type/model, filter type/model, heater, test kit, etc.

Have you reset the 24VAC breakers in the ET? That would be one place as they are not getting power at all.

Take care.

M,

Assuming that you have reset the low voltage circuit breakers on the main panel...

The first thing that I would do is remove both the Intake and Return valve connectors at the main PCB..

Then use a voltmeter, and ensure that you have 24 VAC (more like 30 VAC) coming into the main PCB.. It is marked..

Then measure the voltage coming from the main PCB on the Return and Intake 3-pin connectors. Between the two outside pins of each 3-pin connector you should get 24 VAC.. (I get 30 VAC on mine)

If you get the 24 VAC on both connectors, then reconnect the Return connector only and retest the open Intake connector and ensure that you still have the 24 VAC.

If the voltage stays at 24 VAC, then the Return valve should work using the little toggle switch.

If the voltage drops to zero when the Return connector is connected, then I would assume the actuator is bad.

Do the same test with the Intake connector.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.