Breaking Ground Tomorrow!!

Re: Breaking Ground Tomorrow!!

b,

I notice you have the new iChlor 30 salt cell... This is the first one I have seen "in person"... Since I know very little about them, I took a quick read of the manual..

For the most part the manual is very much like the older IC20, 40 and 60 cells... But, I did notice a couple of places that said "For the best operation, the cell should be installed in the vertical position..

I notice yours is installed in the horizontal position. I suggest that you ask your pool builder why... if for no other reason that he is aware of the situation in case you have any issues later on...

This cell is rated for a 30K pool.. any idea how many gallons your pool will hold???

Thanks for posting and your pool is looking great,

Jim R.

Cuts? Sorry- the coping cuts? If that's what you mean...yes...the coping looks amazing. So uniform and precise.

- - - Updated - - -

b,

I notice you have the new iChlor 30 salt cell... This is the first one I have seen "in person"... Since I know very little about them, I took a quick read of the manual..

For the most part the manual is very much like the older IC20, 40 and 60 cells... But, I did notice a couple of places that said "For the best operation, the cell should be installed in the vertical position..

I notice yours is installed in the horizontal position. I suggest that you ask your pool builder why... if for no other reason that he is aware of the situation in case you have any issues later on...

This cell is rated for a 30K pool.. any idea how many gallons your pool will hold???

Jim R.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will look into it.

this is the same SWG I have, I have not had the opportunity to read the manual, thank you for the heads up. I obviously need to read this and or call Pentair for some advice.

b,

Jim R.

this is the same SWG I have, I have not had the opportunity to read the manual, thank you for the heads up. I obviously need to read this and or call Pentair for some advice.

Justin,

If you call Pentair, please report back with what they say... The manual does not say you can't install horizontally, it just says vertical is better... it does not say why...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Concrete decking poured today!!
15medkz.jpg

Hopefully plaster next week and spray decking to follow!!! We are almost complete!!

That looks awesome! Have you bonded with it? aka watered it. This in important for the decking too. I know you are doing the spray deck but don't want any big crack before then.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!! Now here is your job for this part...............tape socks on the end of your hoses. This keeps the metal off the pretty new plaster and helps filter the water some. You can also tape empty bottles (caps on) so the hoses will float when the water gets high enough.

KEEP THE WATER RUNNING!!! When you/they turn on the water to fill the pool do NOT turn it off!!!

Fill the spa last so you don't take any chances of it overflowing into the pool. This could cause streaking.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.