LifeTime Supporter
Mar 13, 2015
Savannah GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have had a polaris 280 for about 3 years, and frankly I hate it. It gets stuck on the deep end stairs. It tangles itself on it's own cord. It needs replacement parts all the time; nickle and dime torture.
What is my best option? Money doesn't matter, or at least it isn't the biggest concern. I want no tangles, no getting stuck, and a remote would be nice.
Thanks everone!

Last edited:
Yes, all robots have cords. You plug them into an outlet and drop them in the pool. The newest version of the S series Dolphin’s have swivel cords. The cord twisting is something that users have commented on frequently. It doesn’t hurt it unless you run it more than 3-5 cycles without removing and untwisting. But the new ones should solve that. You will love a robot. The cheapest place to buy them is Marina Pools. As noted in the Discovery, S200 thread. The S300 and S300i have remotes. I’d go with the S300i if you like gadgets and want the full remote and other functionality.

The M5 Liberty isn't available anymore from what I know. It was also extremely expensive, around $4k MSRP if I recall correctly, because they had to develop all new battery tech to make it work. The parts to convert an M5 to an M5 Liberty are around $2k. It was really only designed for indoor pools in Europe with pillars.

From what I've heard though Maytronics is working on another cordless unit on a whole new chassis. I don't know if it's coming this season or what but my rep was pretty excited about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.