New Pebblesheen issue...HELP!!

Dec 16, 2017
Peoria,AZ
We had our Artic White Pebblesheen installed on Monday and Acid Washed on Tuesday. Pool completed filling in Wedsneday. We blew all the dirt out of the infloor heads and let the pump run and also started brushing the surface Wednesday. On Thursday my husband spent about 5 hours with the pool brushing and getting the Ph and alkalinity in check. Once it was balanced he added chlorine Thursday evening and he put granular CYA in some socks hanging over the skimmer to dissolve over the next couple days. When cleaning the pool this morning we see there is discoloration spots throughout. It looks like dirt from a distance but up close you can see small cracks in the plaster and it looks like the pebble isnt adhered to it. We are obviously freaking out. Is this something we caused or is it a fail in the product? I’ve tried to include a few pictures from the shallow water. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• B0F73C8F-E24F-4DED-BF68-939159B65347.jpg
    B0F73C8F-E24F-4DED-BF68-939159B65347.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 9380AF69-C191-4E41-B43F-8D0703B42868.jpg
    9380AF69-C191-4E41-B43F-8D0703B42868.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 117
I am sorry this is did not turn out perfect. I have a couple of questions to get us started.

Have you reached out to the warranty card holder? That should be the person that put in the plaster.

When water was being added where were the hoses placed?

Has there been much dust? Many lose pebbles?

Warranty department came out on Friday to look at some at some small holes in the plaster that need fixed. The discoloration wasn’t there yesterday. The hose was in the deep end of the pool. It took about 24 hours for the full. It was windy one day and we live in the desert so I’m sure dirt was being blown around. No lose pebbles currently. It’s kind of hard to see in the pictures but there are areas it looks like there is still a plaster film over the pebbles. Also if you can see there are small cracks throughout the areas that look discolored.

Looks like variation in the plaster creme as a result of the acid wash. I don’t think your PB will do too much about it while you’re still in the startup phase. Brushing and keeping the water chemistry balanced according to the startup directions is all you can do. The PB and plaster company will want to wait to see what develops.

Inform the PB and/or plaster company about your concerns (with a paper trail like email or texts) and keep brushing and following procedures. By informing them of this issue now, they will have to address it at the end of startup.

Does anyone have any insight into whether all the small cracks a normal thing? It seems like there shouldn’t be any cracking in the plaster surface especially right after it’s done. It’s making me think it’s a problem with their install.

Shrinkage cracks are always possible with plaster. It happens if the surface is left to dry for too long. How many hours elapsed between final trowel and tgevacid wash? Was it very dry/warm?

Does anyone have any insight into whether all the small cracks a normal thing? It seems like there shouldn’t be any cracking in the plaster surface especially right after it’s done. It’s making me think it’s a problem with their install.

Every single plaster/pebble pool has cracks. Most you can't see but if you were to drain a pool and let the plaster dry, you would be horrified.

This is a pool that was plastered 2 days prior the photo and you can easily see all the cracks. Normally it wouldn't be this apparent because its usually full of water...

IMG_20171126_095834611_HDR.jpg

It’s just strange because the discoloration is only where the cracks are seen. In full sunyou can’t see any discoloration at all. In the shade it’s another story. I’m going to contact our installer Monday and hopefully they have some insight. They are one of the biggest in the valley so hopefully they will help us out

Tman, bdavis is our go to guy for this kind of thing. He is a master pool builder that has done MANY pools. You can take his word to the bank. If he says cracks are normal then...........cracks are normal. I just wanted to let you know that so you will be ready when your installer gets back with you about it.

Kim TFP MOD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.