Mystery Leak

Dec 14, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hello all, I'm new to owning a pool and have consistently been adding water to the pool at a pace I feel like we have a leak. Our pool guys came out and everything seemed fine. I've noticed the water level declines most often on the days the pump runs.

My wife was cleaning the leaves and skimmers today and set the panel on service. The pump clicks off and she hears water flowing. She checks in a drain near the equipment that water is flowing (like a garden hose on full) in the drain. This drain also handles the waste water when backflowing the pool.

Clearly this is the cause of the 'leak'. I'm not sure why this is happening and how to fix it. I have know idea why the system would act as if it is backflowing when shut off. Could it be air in the system, but why would it drain out? But if this is what occurs every day after the pump shuts off, no wonder I'm losing water.

Any thoughts or questions welcomed.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like your multi valve has a gasket problem or is defective in some other way. Members with that type of equipment will join in to give better guidance.

Can you fill out a signature? See Pool School - Getting Started

Once you fill out your signature we will know what type of pool and equipment you have.

Take care.

csh,

As Marty has pointed out, the main reason you would have water in your drain system is because the spider gasket in your Multiport valve is bad, or the valve was left in the wrong position.

A picture of your filter and multiport valve would be great!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.