help identifying spot on pool floor.

trae*

Aug 15, 2017
katy,tx
This spot popped up recently. I am not sure if its calcium or not. It almost looked like concrete to me when i swam down for a look up close but it has a pebble in the middle of it which makes me thing its something that has formed on top of the plaster. I bought one of the erase it calcium sticks to see if that would do anything but havent had a chance to heat water up to try and remove it yet. Pool is only a few months old. Any ideas?
IMG_1419.jpg

PH - 7.4
TA - 100
CH - 240

T,

I have no idea what it is, but I can tell you the first year my pool was open I had a couple of "spots" that were rough and a different color than the pool plaster. I told my pool builder and he sent someone from the plaster company with scuba mask that come out and removed them and then touched up the plaster.

It worked great, I can't tell where they were, and they have not come back.

Unless you have a lot of them, I doubt it is anything that you did that caused it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

T,

I have no idea what it is, but I can tell you the first year my pool was open I had a couple of "spots" that were rough and a different color than the pool plaster. I told my pool builder and he sent someone from the plaster company with scuba mask that come out and removed them and then touched up the plaster.

It worked great, I can't tell where they were, and they have not come back.

Unless you have a lot of them, I doubt it is anything that you did that caused it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim ,

thanks for the response. that's interesting that they handled it that way .i would have figured they would drain the pool to take care of it . i will let my construction manager know about it and see what they do .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.