Best way to CYA to new pool water

Nov 24, 2017
Mesa, AZ
I am in the process of draining my pool because of high CYA levels (180) and need to know the best way to reintroduce CYA to the new pool water. I am in Arizona and we will not be using the pool during the winter. I still have chlorine pucks left over that I haven't used from before the summer and wonder since the pool will be laid up for the winter if using the pucks will be a good way to do it. I intend to use the BBB method once the pool is filled but I want to get the chlorine and CYA in and adjust PH and TA before going to the BBB method.

-Bob

Bob,

We don't care what your use... just as long as you understand what it will do when you put it in your pool.

So, if you want to use the old pucks to add CYA that is not an issue.. as long as you continue to test and keep an eye on the CYA level as well as the other readings..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.