New to TFP and just in the nick of time - Had bulldozer ready to fill in POND (Pool)

Bulldogdave

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2017
Blossom, Texas
So Thanksgiving turned out to be a day I can hopefully look back on and be extremely Thankful I had dinner with my brother, who is a member of TFP and told me about the forum. I have a new home with a ~30,000 gallon lagoon shaped diving Pond (I mean Pool) that is nice shade of greenish brown.

After moving to the new place had about a foot of leaves at the bottom of the entire pool just about the time the pool pump went out. Seriously contemplated getting a bulldozer to fill it in as there is little no help in the area we live in to get assistance!

Looking forward to not being a dummy about pools, because up to this point, I know I am really good at making cement ponds!

Dave Irek
aka BulldogDave

Dave,

Welcome to TFP... A great resource so you can "Blossom" into an expert at pool maintenance... :shark:

Just by making your first post here, you have already left the dummy stage behind...

Thanks for joining our little group,

Jim R.

There you are! Hi Dave! Your bro told me to be on the look out for you! So glad to see you here!

Look at you with your siggy all filled out! Only one thing missing....................your test kit. Look in my siggy for the best test kit you can get. Make sure to get the XL for your pond :roll:

Your next step is to start a thread in the "Just Getting Started" area. Take and share a pic of the pool as it is now. Think of it as the "before" pic. We LOVE to watch pool get clear!

:hug: we got ya!

Kim:kim:

Hi, welcome to TFP! We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. It sounds like you are going to need to complete the SLAM Process process on your pool, either now or in the spring. The key to a successful slam is a good test kit, either a TF 100XL or a Taylor K2006-C, lots of plain unscented bleach, and consistency. Whenever you are ready to start we will be ready to help!

Thanks Kim!!

Well my brother came over today to see the new place and help me convert my pond back into a pool and I can say, I have cancelled the bulldozer! I felt like I just went back 30+ years to Mrs. Alfieri's Chemistry class in high school though and am really blown away, by what the trouble free pool team have done to put the power of managing our own pools back into our hands versus the pool stores and the pool service companies.

I actually just ordered my TF100XL Kit and several other items (one of which is an XL refill for the one my brother brought out).

I will get a thread started in the "Just Getting Started" area, but I have to say, my brother helped me jump on my pool issue so quick I didn't get any real good before pictures when the pool was a nice Green/Brown color, but I will try and shoot some in the AM.

We went through the process of getting my pool to a point where we could SLAM it and I just checked my FC (get me using the acronym's already!) and I was at a 28 for the night. Going to check it again first thing in the morning.

Thanks again for your willingness to help. :eek:

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!! Got to the point to be able to SLAM my pool this evening. Now trying to get the water to clear up. I appreciate everyone's willingness to help so quick!

Nothing like a brother that will share his pool test kit! Good job on ordering him some new regents as well!

Once you get your just getting started thread going I have a set of links to share with you. I put them together for new pool owners like you so everything you need to learn about caring for your pool is all in one place!

:hug: so glad it is already moving in the right direction...........................now to cancel the bulldozer order! LOL

Kim:kim: