Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ35
Hi all,

Deciding on coping and I really dont like the fullnose rounded look.. Want something more square but with a SWCG I wanted to avoid natural stones.. My pool has a bench for hanging out.. What would be my best option for coping? I dont want it to scratch up people's backs and arms, but I want a nice modern look.. It is a grecian shape pool with nice sharp corners, which i love the angle of and want to be able to keep...

Thanks! Donating now as this forum has been so helpful to me!

Jen

View attachment 70866

Are you going with a cement deck or pavers? I know cement can be stained/stamped to mimic stone and the coping can be designed to stand out differently. There are various edges you can get in the cement coping but I don't know the names of the shapes. Ask your builder or cement guys for their advice as they do them all the time. They may have lots of ideas.

Maddie :flower:

I like limestone and travertine, square edge - they call it 'tumbled' here so it's a slightly softened edge, but the face is vertical. Nice light color so it's easy on the bare feet :) It's not as nice on the toes as a bullnose for diving in, but it's stylish these days.

I don't share any of the concerns about saltwater and natural stone. I think that concern is entirely bogus. I would definitely never run my pool water at low pH with calcite based stone, or any other finish for that matter! Where you have freeze/thaw, you probably don't want anything flaky. You can get precast straight edge coping in various colors. Try googling 'precast straight edge pool coping' for lots of images of precast concrete coping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.