Terrible Pool coping, advise needed!!

Den123

Jul 8, 2023
Williamsburg VA
Hi, we currently are having a pool company, which is actually a concrete company, installing our 12ft x 26ft inground pool. We have had issues along the way with voids in the concrete decking that were patched prior to sealing. The concrete color being brown vs white beige etc. However, today I got in the pool to inspect the floor and coping, and it is absolutely awful. Several voids and concrete dripped into the pool. They put a seam that separates the pool decking from the concrete coping in case of issues in the future. There is so much concrete on the liner that I am extremely worried about having them break the coping up and redoing it. In one corner there is actually duck tape sticking out under the concrete. The corners were square and for some reason they rounded them. Please help! What do we do to have them fix it? Do they break it up and redo it and will this tear the liner, or is there a way to put renovation pavers over it to hide all of this sloppiness. I have tons of pics if you would like more than this to help

20230708_152520.jpg20230708_152424.jpg20230708_152417.jpg20230708_152228.jpg20230708_152445.jpg20230708_152420.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like those white strips aren't supposed to be there on a liner application, they look to be covering where the liner inserts to the track. If they let cement get into that track it is a pain to clean out.
So they ended up coming out today. Already cleaned up a lot of this awful concrete but still have more to do tmrw. Thank you for bringing up the white strip. They are removing it. Apparently it was put there to make it more esthetic. We shall see. It looks way better. They are also draining the pool to get rocks from under the liner. I will be happy when this is resolved.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.